Vienna Energy Forum 2015
Date de publication : 2015-05-05
Vienna Energy Forum 2015
Join us in a highly dynamic and critical debate on one of the most relevant topics of our time!
Location: Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria
Date: 18 to 20 June 2015
The Vienna Energy Forum 2015 (VEF 2015) will take place only a few months before the Sustainable Development Goals Summit in New York and the UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP 21) in Paris. By emphasizing the multiple benefits of the Post-2015 Development and the Climate Agenda and by showcasing best practices and actions on the ground, the VEF 2015 aims at contributing to both.
Building on the findings from the VEFs held in 2009, 2011 and 2013, as well as the overarching goals of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL), the VEF 2015 will provide a high-level platform for thought leaders, policy makers and energy practitioners to engage in a multi-stakeholder dialogue on pivotal sustainable energy issues connected to inclusive development, including partnerships, finance, policy, technology, capacity building and knowledge management.
The VEF 2015 will also consider the impact of global drivers such as population growth and urbanization, as well as regional approaches including South-South cooperation and nexus issues linking energy to water, food and health.
Key questions tobe addressedat the VEF 2015:
- What are the main benefits of sustainable energy to inclusive development and productive capacities?
- What are the main drivers of the increasing energy demand across sectors and how can these be addressed in an integrated way?
- How can we strengthen the potential of sustainable energy so that it results in concrete actions supporting the Post-2015 Development and the Climate Agenda?
- What are the areas of greatest potential in energy efficiency, and what can be done to accelerate action and investment in energy efficiency, the 'hidden fuel' that has some of the most promising prospects to advance the goals of climate security and sustainable growth?
- Which innovative financing mechanisms can we use to promote renewable energy systems? How do we scale up investments in renewable energy technologies to meet the SE4ALL goals?
- How do we energize multi-stakeholder partnerships, private sector involvement and regional cooperation to promote sustainable energy for all?
- How can the nexus perspective be operationalized to support integrated approaches to energy, water, food, ecosystems and human health?